Millie’s Crazy Dinosaur Adventure – Millie Was Here, Book 3 by Megapops LLC is another wonderful tale from the makers of Millie and the Lost Key. As with all of the Megapops apps featuring Millie the dog, this story is as zany as ever. It has all the components needed to draw kids in and keep them totally mesmerized. Parents rejoice, this is one sophisticated app that packs a punch every time. The unique photo collage style and gaming feel give this app an edge over others.
Join Millie as she travels back in time to retrieve the forgotten birthday gift for her dear friend Kitty and accidentally ventures back a tad farther than planned. Help the story take twists with the unique story switcher feature, which gives you options of where to take the story next. You can read this book and never quite have the same scenario, which adds to the intrigue and mystery of Millie the adorable adventure dog. Get ready to laugh, giggle, and grin as the journey unfolds for Millie with you right by her side.
This app has been thoroughly evaluated by our staff. Please click on the 'star ratings' tab above, to see how it fared in all nine of our rating categories. See synopsis tab for more details about the storyline.
This review was originally published by TeachersWithApps.com on September 26, 2013. Teachers With Apps was co-founded by Jayne Clare, a Special Education teacher, and Anne Rachel, an artist and Early Childhood educator.
Their goal is to be a credible resource for quality educational apps. The author of this post, Ann Francis, is a die hard special education teacher of who believes everyone can learn. She has been using iPads in the classroom for three years and it has totally changed the way she instructs. Ann also offers professional development on collecting data with apps, training teachers on apps and using the iPad. Visit Ann at iPadBrainology.
All reviews are of the app, not the platform/device. Based originally on iPad versions. Minor technical details may vary.
15 - 30 Minutes
Based on non-digital book: No
Allows Own Narration:
Uses Motion: Yes
Age: 3 - 8
DESIGNED FOR LITTLE PAWS
Engineered specifically to engage and support beginning readers ages 6-8, this app was developed with education & child development specialists to feature enhanced learning activities such as interacting, manipulating, pretending, constructing, exploring, puzzle-solving, inferring, reading, and expanding vocabulary.
• Read-Along text highlighting, plus ability to have it read to you or read it yourself
• Hidden virtual sticker on every page, plus Sticker Collection Page & sticker hints
• Child-focused design: interactivity prompts, spoken instructions, visual index
• Bedtime Mode: dims screen slightly, lowers SFX & hides games for more relaxed experience
• Striking original design & illustration, professional narration, and original musical score
• No collection of any personal information from children (including: name, address, email, screen name, persistent identifiers, photos, artwork, video, audio, geolocation, etc)
• Kids cannot link out of the app
• Locked, gated areas just for parents
• No behavioral advertising or third party advertising
• No in-app purchases